- Designed for applications where the authority having jurisdiction or local by-laws require or allow the shutdown of a fire pump under a low suction pressure condition.
- Interfaces with either an electric or diesel fire pump controller however the appropriate lockout/ interlock must be ordered on the fire pump controller.
- The LPS will prevent an automatic start of the fire pump and will stop an automatically started fire pump if a low suction pressure condition appears.
- It will not stop a fire pump that is started manually (START pushbutton) or with the emergency start handle. The panel is supplied as standard to be operated by 120V AC power from a supervised source independent of the fire pump controller.
- The automatic operation of the LPS is achieved with an electronic pressure monitoring module which utilizes a pressure transducer as a pressure sensing device.
- Digitally set the low suction pressure shutdown set-point and the reset set-point and on or off delay timers, if required.
- Continuously displays the suction pressure and when required, the low suction pressure shutdown set-point and the reset set-point.
- Suction pressure can be viewed without opening the panel door.
- Select units of measure of the suction pressure: psi, kPA, bar, feet of head and meter of head.
- Micro Processor Based
Our products respect all of these norms.
- Electronic pressure monitoring module with pressure transducer
- Visual indication of:
- System pressure
- Supervisory Power On
- Suction Pressure Normal
- Suction Pressure Low-lockout
- Audible alarm with silence pushbutton
Controller protection level:
- Standard: NEMA 2
- Optional: NEMA 12 or 4 or 4X or 3/3R
- Audible alarm c/w silence push button for low suction pressure condition
- "Supervisory power on" red pilot light
- "Suction pressure normal" red pilot
- "Suction pressure low" red pilot light