The homologation engineer works within the research and development team and ensures the proper management of the homologation files of the controllers which are designed in house. He analyzes the different industry standards and remains informed of any changes that may occur to ensure compliance of our products. He also selects the electrical components to use and designs the dimensional drawings making sure they are in compliance with the said standards.
- Follow-up on projects and take the necessary steps with regulatory institutions such as UL, FM and CSA to obtain and maintain certifications of the products manufactured by the company.
- Select the correct electrical components according to the requirements of the various standards (Switch, circuit breaker, contactor, starter, etc.)
- Inspect project files and panel components (Assembly, tightening, etc.).
- Perform and supervise the verification, inspection and simulation of the operation of the controllers and spare parts, in order of priority.
- Advise and guide product designers and developers in interpreting and complying with standards.
- Be on the lookout for any new standard requirements and ensure their implementation in respective products.
- Mastery of the electricity notions.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Bilingual (French and English) spoken and written.
- Available to travel abroad.
- Ability to write and analyze test data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent engineering field.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Experience working with certification agencies (an asset).
- Relevant experience in instrumentation.
- Knowledge of the fire protection industry (an asset).
Quality valued by the company:
- Curiosity, good judgment and initiative.
- Good capacity of adaptation.
- Be meticulous and create quality work.
- Be able to work in teams.
- Be autonomous.
- Be punctual and diligent.
Are you interested in this job posting? To apply, please send your CV in either Word or PDF format to the following address: email@example.com
*We will not take phone calls. Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Who we are:
Based in the greater Montreal area, Canada, since 1985, Tornatech specializes in the conception and manufacturing of fire pump controllers. Tornatech has also developed a network of subsidiaries, sales offices and authorized service dealers located around the world. Today, our products are present on five continents and in more than 80 countries. Tornatech’s mission is to create a workplace where professional growth and industry leadership can be assured. We value the contribution of our employees and strive to provide a work environment that meets their needs. We are also dedicated to providing our customers with the best quality products at competitive prices and in a personalized manner while maintaining an ever higher level of customer satisfaction than our competitors. Such a competitive advantage can only be achieved through the dedication of our employees. In order to provide quality products and services and meet changing consumer demands, Tornatech is committed to safety, growth, diversity, integrity and customer satisfaction.